Cannabidiol (CBD) is taking the Medical, Health, and Wellness industries by storm. CBD is a natural chemical derived from the hemp plant. When consumed, it reacts with receptors in your endocannabinoid system (ECS) to help regulate the immune system, inflammation within the body, and provide other therapeutic health benefits. CBD can be taken orally, topically, inhaled, or vaped. Edibles, a way to consume CBD through food, are becoming more popular. What better way to consume CBD than through gummies? They are easy to make, taste good, convenient for on the go people, and a healthy addition to your daily routine.
What are CBD Gummies?
When you think of gummies, you probably think of those gelatin flavored candies that you would eat as a child or still eat today. Well, gummies have taken on a new life in the form of CBD edibles. As more is becoming known about Cannabidiol and the benefits of this natural chemical, the popularity of CBD edibles, such as gummies are on the rise. CBD gummies have all the same benefits that come from inhaling, vaping, sublingually, and topical use. However, it is less potent in the edible form plus it gets into the ECS faster. More and more people are adding these gummies to their daily regimen, using them as a nutritional supplement.
Are CBD Gummies Good For You?
CBD Gummies are gummies with health benefits. Unlike, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which derives from the marijuana plant, it is non-psychoactive meaning you will not receive the high that comes from THC, but you will receive the benefits that come from the industrial hemp plant.
The endocannabinoid system consists of various physiological functions, such as mood, pain-sensation, and memory processing. It also regulates the immune system and inflammation within the body. Many times, pain is associated with inflammation. The gummies work with the CBD receptors in our endocannabinoid system to naturally relieve a host of ailments such as chronic pain or anxiety. When CBD interacts with the ECS, inflammation flair-ups lessen. As such, people who regularly take CBD gummies as a supplement report less chronic pain. Some people have even reported coming off of their over the counter and prescription medications because cannabidiol had helped relieve their symptoms.
Are CBD Gummies Legal?
The legal status of CBD depends on the state in which you live. According to Consumer Reports, as of December 2018, CBD was still illegal in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Idaho. While most state laws have legalized CBD, it is still illegal under federal law. If your confused, you are not alone. There are legality maps online you can check out before purchasing CBD oil to make sure it is legal in your state.
The Effects of CBD Gummies
Studies have shown that CBD has few if any serious side effects. Even in large doses, research has shown CBD to be harmless. While there are a few minor side effects, the benefits CBD provides far outweigh them. Studies have shown most negative effects come from poor quality CBD, so like any health supplement, it’s important to make sure you are purchasing quality CBD from a reliable source.
- Changes in appetite
- Dry mouth
- Hypertension (low blood pressure)
- Anticoagulant – People with hemophilia or who have problems with blood clotting should use with caution
CBD gummies may help with:
- Epilepsy (Adults and Kids)
- Chronic pain and inflammation
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) – Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Opioid Withdrawal
Why You Should Avoid Store-Bought CBD Infused Gummies
Buying store-bought CBD infused gummies may seem like an easier and more convenient option than making them yourself, but there are several reasons you might want to think about making your own gummies.
1. You know the source and quality of the CBD oil going into the gummies.
2. You can add the correct dose of CBD oil for you.
3. You know precisely which ingredients are going into your gummies (fruits, gelatin, natural sugars) Prepackaged gummies are typically not made with healthy ingredients. They usually contain high fructose corn syrup, artificial dyes, and sweeteners.
4. If you are wanting pure CBD gummies, you cannot be sure that there is no cross-contamination of THC in prepackaged gummies or even the possibility of improper labeling.
How to Make CBD Infused Gummies
Making CBD infused gummies is a straightforward process. The hardest part is knowing how much CBD oil to use as this varies from person to person. The easiest way to figure it out is to look at your mold and determine how many gummies you are making. If your dose is normally .25 ML and you have a mold which will prepare 20 gummies, multiple .25 by 20 to determine how much oil to add to the recipe.
Determine the amount of CBD Oil to use:
0.25 ML x 20 = 5 ML
Make sure you have a mold for your gummies, silicone molds work the best.
- 2 c. of 100% Fruit Juice of your choice
- CBD Oil
- ½ c. grass-feed collagen gelatin
- 1 tsp honey or your choice of sweetener
1. Heat juice in a saucepan until it begins to simmer.
2. Stir in gelatin and honey, mix until ingredients are combined.
3. Remove mixture from heat.
4. Add CBD oil and stir in with gelatin and honey mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into your mold, then place it in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes or until set.
6. Gummies are good for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Add these gummies to your daily routine. Whether you are looking to stop chronic pain, inflammation, help with anxiety or depression or you are just wanting to get your body’s ENS in balance, CBD gummies are a healthy alternative to vitamin supplements. The best part is natural chemicals found in the CBD work with the cannabinoids already in your endocannabinoid system.