What are the Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp seed oil contains some of the top benefits in the cannabis world. Hemp seeds are the seeds that come from the hemp and marijuana plants. These 2 plants are a different variety but derive from the same species- Cannabis sativa. Hemp seeds only contain a trace amount of THC, which is the psychoactive compound in marijuana. Hemp seeds are incredibly rich in healthy fats, proteins, and minerals and are exceptionally nutritious.
Hemp seeds are very nutritious. They have a nutty, earthy flavor and are quite often referred to as hemp hearts. They contain over 30% fat and are rich in linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3) two of the essential daily fatty acids. They also contain gamma-linolenic acid, which is linked to several health benefits. Hemp seeds can be a great source of minerals such as phosphorus. Sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin E. They have also been known to aid in reducing the risk of heart disease, aid in reducing blood pressure, help the heart recover after certain health crises, benefit skin disorders, help reduce symptoms of PMS or Menopause, and aid digestion.
How long does Hemp Seed Oil take to work?
As everyone is different, it can be difficult to say ‘exactly’ when hemp seed oil could start working for each individual. Usually, you will see a difference in around two weeks of use, but depending on what you are using it for, it may take longer. For example, if you’re using the oil to reduce your cholesterol or help the health of the heart, it may take regular use, for it to start working effectively, however, if you’re using it for skin improvement you could see noticeable changes within two weeks.
Are CBD Oil and Hemp Seed Oil the same thing?
Hemp seed oil and CBD are quite different, this is mainly because they are extracted from different parts of the plants. CBD oil is made by using an ethanol or CO2 extraction process to obtain cannabinoid-rich oil from hemp plants, this produces very different effects compared to traditional hemp oil. You will find the CBD oil is commonly used as a dietary supplement for its anti-inflammatory properties to help with chronic pain, sleep problems, anxiety, and other ailments that have the need for heavy medication. Hemp seed oil, on the other hand, is far less controversial than CBD oil and it can be found in many local health food stores, it provides you with small health advantages rather than the high expectation of healing properties.
Is hemp seed oil good for anxiety?
Most people will think about CBD oil as their top option for dealing with anxiety and stress, however, hemp oil can also achieve similar results because of its fatty acid content. A key component of hemp oil is omega-3 and a recent study found that people were able to reduce anxiety by as much as 20 percent by taking an omega-3 supplement.
How do you use Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp oil certainly has a variety of uses, but how is it best to gain the benefits?
- Hemp Seed Oil for Skin – This is one of the most common ways that hemp seed oil is used, Unrefined hemp oil has all of the beneficial nutrients that you need to treat and repair your skin. It’s very commonly used to treat things such as eczema.
- Cooking with Hemp Seed oil – This oil has many uses it the kitchen, however, it’s best to avoid high heat exposure, this will only take away from its beneficial nutrients and change the consistency or flavor. Hemp oil is very similar to olive oil, however, it has a very distinct taste. It works very well as a pesto sauce, in smoothies, in other beverages, and as a salad dressing.
- Hemp Seed Oil for Hair -Just like it benefits your skin, hemp oil can be great for your hair. It helps to moisturize the hair follicles and scalp leaving you with shinier, healthier hair. It also promotes hair growth, reduces the appearance of split ends, and helps to fight against future damage.
Is Hemp Seed Oil good for pain?
Hemp seed oil is traditionally used for health benefits such as anxiety and on a nutritional basis. This product isn’t created with pain in mind. The best way to treat pain is with the use of the biggest concentration of CBD, which is a health-inducing cannabinoid. Using a specialized CBD hemp oil, which has a higher concentration of CBD cannabinoids rather than a standard amount found in foods like hemp seed oil is going to provide you with better results when it comes to pain.
Is Hemp Seed Oil good for your skin?
Hemp oil is well-known for being beneficial to your skin health whether you’re consuming it or using it topically, but how can it benefit you?
- It moderates oil production – Hemp oil is perfect for almost any skin type, it moisturizes without clogging your pores. It can even help to hydrate your skin and regulate the skin’s oil production which helps to leave it refreshed and balanced. Because hemp oil can help to alleviate dry skin and overproduced oil (which causes acne) it can also help to diminish acne problems.
- Moisturizes and soothes inflammation – Hemp oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which has a powerful anti-inflammatory response, while simultaneously encouraging new cell generation and skin growth. This means it can help to calm inflammation and irritation to the skin such as psoriasis, eczema, and acne. It will also keep the skin moisturized and nourished.
- Treats atopic dermatitis – combining omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids can help to treat skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis, hemp oil is rich in both of these making it a perfect treatment.
- Has anti-aging properties- Hemp oil has anti-aging properties as well as being able to soothe the skin and moisturize it. It will help those pesky fine lines and wrinkles as well as prevent the tell-tale signs of aging from appearing.